Cheesecake with berries
A fresh and tasty dessert that will give off a blaze of aromas, scents and textures.
- 180 g Digestive cookies
- 100 g butter
- 500 g ricotta
- 250 g cream cheese
- 350 g confectioner’s sugar
- 10 g gelatin leaves
- 100 g fresh cream
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 70 g lemon juice
- 1 kg mixed berries
- 280 g juice of fresh berries
- 35 g cornstarch
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, let it cool, add it to the crumbled cookies and mix well.
- Pour the base made of cookies and butter into a 24 cm diameter hinged mold and form a compact and smooth base. Let it harden in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the filling soak the gelatin in cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the juice of the lemons and the mixed berries over low heat for 5 minutes, adding 150g of confectioner’s sugar a little at a time.
- Use a sieve to separate the berries from the juice.
- Heat the cream and gelatin in a saucepan, stirring until it melts completely.
- Sift the ricotta, add the cream cheese, the lemon rind and 100 g of confectioner’s sugar. Finally add the warm cream until the mixture is smooth.
- Take the mold out of the fridge, pour half of the creamy mixture and level it with a spatula. Fill with berries and cover with the rest of the cream.
- Let rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Prepare the topping by pouring the juice of the berries into a saucepan, adding the cornstarch and stirring well to avoid the formation of lumps. Pour over the heat and let thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the berry sauce onto the fridge-cold cheesecake and level it.
- Store in the fridge for 1 hour and serve once firm.