Velouté with dried porcini mushrooms
A first course to prepare on cold winter days: the best solution to taste dried porcini mushrooms.
- 70 g Sliced dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable broth to taste
- Wash thoroughly the dried porcini and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes, keeping aside a handful to be used as a garnish.
- Peel the carrot and the potatoes, peel and cut the onion, and sauté it in a pan with a drizzle of oil. Add the carrot and the potatoes and sauté them.
- Add the mushrooms to the mixture and pour vegetable broth a little at a time. Cook for half an hour.
- Blend the mixture until you get a velvety cream, add salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Use the velouté by adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a handful of dried porcini mushrooms.
Sliced dried porcini mushrooms
DISCOVER ALL OUR RECIPES WITH MUSHROOMS